Last modified: April 6, 2021
VIA Information Tools, Inc. (“VIA,” or “we,” “our,” or “us”) respects your privacy, and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our Digital Services;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Digital Services;
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by VIA or any third party;
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Digital Services.
- Children Under the Age of 18
Our Digital Services are not intended for children under the age of 18 and children under the age of 16 are not permitted to use our Digital Services. We will remove any information about a child under the age of 18 if we become aware of it.
Our Digital Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or through the Digital Services. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on or in our Digital Services or on or through any of their features, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (844) 283-5004.
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect different types of information about you, including information that may directly identify you or your organization, information that is about you or your organization but individually does not personally identify you or your organization, and information that we combine with our other users. This includes information that we collect directly from you or your organization, or through automated collection technologies.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Digital Services, specifically information:
- that is about you or your organization but individually does not identify you or your organization, such as traffic data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to or use of our Digital Services, error information, clickstream data, manufacturing data, component parametric data, product location data, digital twin data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through our Digital Services; or
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access or use our Digital Services and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through or use our Digital Services. Information collected automatically may include estimated or precise geo-location, usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Digital Services is:
- personal data such as the data identified above;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Digital Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Digital Services, using our services or other services available through the Digital Services, purchasing products, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Digital Services;
- Information related to your actual or perspective employment, such as name, address, prior employment information, salary information, social security number, or any other information we determine necessary for your actual or perspective employment with us;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Digital Services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Digital Services.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Digital Services or transmitted to other users of the Digital Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Digital Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Digital Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, specifically:
- details of your visits to our Digital Services, such as traffic data, location, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to or use of our Digital Services, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or in the Digital Services; and
- information about your computer, mobile device, and Internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, browser type, and App version information.
The information we collect automatically may include personal data or we may maintain it or associate it with personal data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Digital Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Digital Services according to your individual interests;
- recognize you when you return to our Digital Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Amazon Web Services. We use Amazon Web Services (“AWS”), a cloud service with analytics capabilities provided by Amazon, Inc. (“Amazon”) to collect certain information relating to your use of our Website. AWS uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help our Website analyze how users use the site. You can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Website by visiting “Analytics on AWS”, (located at https://aws.amazon.com/big-data/datalakes-and analytics/).
- How We Use Your Information
We use your information and data for various purposes described below, including to: • provide our Digital Services to you;
- provide products and services to you;
- provide you with information you request from us;
- enforce our rights arising from contracts;
- notify you about changes; and
- provide you with notices about your account.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal data:
- to provide our Website and its functionality, contents and services to; • to provide our App and its functionality, contents and services;
- to provide our products and services to you;
- to assess information you submit to us in connection with an employment application or potential employment;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or that may be of interest to you;
- to process, fulfill, support, and administer transactions and orders for products and services ordered by you;
- to provide you with notices about your VIA account;
- to contact you in response to a request;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Digital Services or any products or services we offer or provide through them;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and • for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters. If you wish to opt-out of receiving such communications, you may do so at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of these communications or by visiting your Account Preferences page. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Disclosure of Your Information
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to affiliates and third parties for their own commercial purposes;
- to enforce our rights; and
- with your consent.
- to affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. The services provided by these organizations include providing IT and infrastructure support services, and ordering, marketing, and payment processing services;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by VIA about our Digital Services users are among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; • with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to affiliates and third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information;
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We offer you choices on how you can opt out of our use of tracking technology, disclosure of data for advertising or promotional activities.
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. These third parties may aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your personal data:
- Promotional Offers from VIA. If you do not wish to have your email address used by VIA to promote our own products and services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us or logging onto your Account Preferences page. This opt out does not apply to information provided to VIA as a result of a product purchase, or your use of our services. You may have other options with respect to marketing and communication preferences through our Digital Services.
- Disclosure of Your Information to Affiliates and Third Parties. By using our Digital Services, you consent to our sharing of your personal data with our affiliates and third parties for their promotional purposes. If you wish to unsubscribe from such affiliate and third parties’ promotions, you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from them. If you wish to opt out of such sharing, please change your preferences in your Account Preferences page or email us email@example.com.
- Your Rights Regarding Your Information and Accessing and Correcting Your Information You may contact us for additional information about your data and how we use it. You can Contact Us to access and/or find out what information we have about you or your organization. You may also notify us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible or to delete your account. We may not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Do Not Track Signals
We currently do not use automated data collection technologies to track you across websites. We currently do not honor do-not-track signals that may be sent by some browsers.
Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals, but we currently do not use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services (behavioral advertising).
- Data Security
Information transmitted over the Internet is not completely secure, but we do our best to protect your data. You can help protect your data and other information by keeping your password to our Digital Services confidential.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We use encryption technology for information sent and received by us.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for the use of our Digital Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to, on or through our Digital Services. Any transmission of data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website, in your operating system, or in the App.
- California Privacy Rights for California Residents
Under some circumstances, California law may provide you with additional certain rights with respect to personal data.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Categories of Personal Information VIA Collects – California Residents
Personal information does not include information that is: (a) publicly available information from government records; (b) de-identified or aggregated consumer information; or (c) certain information excluded from the scope of CCPA (e.g., PHI covered under HIPAA and medical information covered under the California Medical Information Act).
Categories of Sources from which VIA has collected Personal Information
We collect Personal Information directly from you, for example when you provide it to us, when you contact us through our Digital Services, when you create a VIA account; and indirectly from you automatically through your computer or device as you use our Digital Services. We may also collect Personal Information about you from our advertising partners and service providers.
Use of Personal Information Collected from California Residents
Sharing Personal Information – California Residents
VIA may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for one or more business purposes. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, such as to service providers, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Disclosures of Personal Information for Business Purposes:
We may disclose your Personal Information for our business purposes, such as your contact information, other information you have provided to us and unique identifiers that identify you to us or to our service providers, such as companies that assist us with marketing and advertising. Please refer to Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It for additional information and details.
We disclose your Personal Information to certain third parties such as our vendors, business partners, service providers, including companies that assist us with marketing and advertising. For additional information please refer to “How We Use Your Information” and “Disclosure of Your Information”).
Access Request Rights
California residence have the right to request that VIA disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months for the above business and commercial purposes. To submit an access request, see Exercising Access and Deletion Rights. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you. • Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information. • The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
o sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
o disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
California residents have the right to request that VIA delete your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless certain exceptions apply.
Exercising Access and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at (844) 283-5004.
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Contact Information
How to Contact Us:
VIA Information Tools, Inc.
1400 Gulf Shore Blvd. N Suit 142
Naples, FL 34102
Telephone: (844) 283-5004